Skip to main content

Hello,

Our Recruitment team currently utilizes Calendly to schedule interviews between Candidates and Hiring Managers. Once a Candidate books a slot, the event is automatically added to the Hiring Manager's Google calendar.

(For context:

• Internally, we rely on Google shared Calendars to have a comprehensive overview of all ongoing Interviewing activities. Shared calendars are hosted under the main personal calendar.
  • Additionally, we use Greenhouse as an Applicant Tracking System)

However, I would like to ask if there is a possibility for a scheduled event to be automatically added to both the Hiring Manager's calendar and the shared calendar?

Hi @Dess10388!

I just posed this question to Calendly’s own recruiting team and they’re doing some brainstorming across the team as we also use Greenhouse and the integration, but we don’t pull together all scheduled interviews in a shared calendar. It’s a great idea though! I just can’t tell if it’s an idea for us or for Greenhouse. I’ll have to ask our Product team. 😅

I will say one of the first things that came to mind knowing that you use the Greenhouse integration would be to leverage Zapier (https://zapier.com/apps/greenhouse/integrations). Zapier has a Greenhouse trigger for a “New Scheduled Interview”, so you could use that to create a placeholder event on the shared calendar you mentioned.

If our own recruiting team comes up with anything else, they’ll be sure to reply to you here.

Thank you @jillian. I have also asked GH the same question as I cannot find anything in their Help center either :(

Thank you for escalating the question.

Hi @Dess10388!

Several of our recruiters spent quite some time trying to figure this out (which I think they loved by the way; thanks for giving them a challenge!). And well… ugh!… we just don’t have a great solution right now (outside of the Zapier bit I mentioned above which I’d say passes for ‘good’ not ‘great’).

The short of it is that the Greenhouse integration only works with the standard one-on-one event types, not team or shared event types. And furthermore, team or shared event types would require possible hosts to have a teams or enterprise license which isn’t entirely cost effective for most organizations. So while a Collective event type would have been the best fit for this type of meeting (theoretically would have been able to invite the shared calendar as a required host and ignore scheduling conflicts), it’s not feasible with the way the integration is currently constructed.

So with all that being said, I’m going to tag in my peer @SchedulingSteve as this is some great product innovation around recruiting integrations. I’m not entirely sure if this is ultimately a request for Greenhouse to consider adding the ability to automatically put scheduled interviews on a shared calendar OR if it’s something we can do. Steve will know!

Sorry we couldn’t be of more help right now. Let us know if there’s anything else we can put some brain power to!

Hi @jillian! Thank you for your response. 

Just wanted to show you what i found out and how possibly this can be resolved:

In the option Add to Calendar, Calendly could allow me to add an event to two calendars instead of 1 (my personal). As you can see from the screenshot, the Shared calendars are shown because they are part of my account. But at the moment, Calendly can send events only to 1 calendar.

Maybe I am the only user that has brought this up, but in general in the Recruitment context, this would be of great help :) 

Please let me know, if one day Calendly adds this feature to the product.

Cheers

Oooh. Interesting!

I need to work through the logic of this a bit more (not questioning your logic; I just need to sort it on my end!) but that would be an interesting approach.

We’ll definitely dig into this here at Calendly and keep you in the loop. Thank you!