Skip to main content
Solved

Scheduling Meeting with 2 out of 3 hosts being available

• 25 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I have a few meetings where only 2 of the 3 people that use calendly from my company need to be available for a guest to book a meeting. However, I have not yet found a solution to set up the condition for our availabilities in Calendly. Is there a solution?

Hey there, @SAJV - great question.

Unfortunately when you set up a meeting with more than one host, you must have it so either they need to be available or they don’t - assigning a host automatically means they need to be available for a booking. There is not currently a way to set a condition exactly so that if 2/3 hosts are available, the booking can be made. I apologize for any inconvenience! 

HOWEVER - you CAN set it up so that one person always has to be available, and the other person/people are pulled from a round robin pool etc. 

You might want to check out those options made possible by Round Robin Event TypesCollective Event Types and host pooling with both of those, which you can read about below.

Below is a snippet from that article to give you an idea of what I mean!

Examples of when you could use a host pool in a Round Robin or Collective event type:

• A product demo with the Account Executive and a Sales Engineer
    • A meeting where a specific Account Executive would always attend, and a Sales Engineer will be assigned from a Round Robin pool.
  • A panel interview with a specific hiring manager, as well as a team leader, and a peer.
    • The hiring manager would always attend, and the team leader and peer would be assigned from two different Round Robin pools.  

Check out our Company Admin Guide for more tips + tricks as well, and our New User Guide. Let us know if you have other questions!