Skip to main content

Can anyone let me know if it’s possible to do the following with Calendly:

• We have a team of 4 people, and we’d like to setup external interviews where the invitee can pick a slot with any of us, with the rest of us to be added as optional.
  • i.e. ideally when an invitee goes to an event page, they can pick a slot based on any of our team’s availability, that team member becomes host.
  • Ideally the calendar invite uses that team member’s Zoom link, and adds the other team members as optional invitees.

While the Round Robin gets close to the above, it doesn’t look like it adds the other team members to the invite, so we’d have to manually do so. Also, not sure it can use the host’s Zoom vs the same Zoom for all interviews.

Many thanks!

Hi @Jah18225!

Great question and I hate to be the one to disappointment. We currently have no way of handling optional attendees which is what your 3 other people would be considered on any event. The way Calendly events work takes everyone’s availability into consideration and presents only options that work for everyone, so no combination of Collective or Round Robin events or any of the other zillion Calendly specific workarounds I had bouncing around my brain will help you with optional attendees. The only workaround I have for you right now is to add the others to the meeting event on your local calendar after the fact. It’s possible you could get creative with Zapier to automate this too!

As for the Zoom link, our Round Robin pools will allow for that. Each potential host can set their location, including Zoom. More on that here: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/14076667333783-How-to-set-up-a-Round-Robin-shared-event#01H81RC4HT3T8QNQ05AF6GFN6J

I’ll definitely add your information to our monthly feedback round up for Product. Hopefully we see some added functionality soon!

Thanks @jillian for the prompt reply.