Solved

Select between available Hosts at a specific time

We host lectures all around the country and we’re missing a small feature in the round-robin event.

Let’s say I have 5 hosts on a round-robin event. 3 of them are available at the specific time, our Meeting Booker, wants to arrange a lecture at the venue we’re talking to.

I would like the Host to be able to see which of the 5 hosts are available at that time and either

A) select the host who will do the lecture, between the three available ones
or 
B) at least be able to see who’s available at the given time, before booking.

Reason is, the venue we do lectures at, often have a very good relationship (or occasionally a bad one) with our Hosts and being able to decide “Okay, we send out your favorite guy” or “Ah, only Brian, who you hate, is available that day - how about we go with tomorrow, Susan’s available there.”

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 6 May 2024, 17:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @pjalle - thanks for your post!

At this time there is no easy way to see the availability for all hosts on a Round Robin at a glance. You’d have to go into the event type settings and view the availability for each host, which I totally understand is less than ideal.

Additionally, there is not a way to select a specific host on a Round Robin. Round Robin Event Types are designed to bounce between hosts based on either availability or fairness, depending on how you set it up. Read more here

I’m sorry to have to tell you this and wish I had better news! Your feedback is definitely appreciated and being noted for our monthly report.

Also - check out our article about Host Pooling. It might benefit you somehow! 

Hi Kelsi,

Thank you for your reply!

Just to be clear - it does not have to be a round-robin event. Any sort of event where there is a selection of hosts and the person booking, can just see who’s available on a given date - and preferably select between them. 

I’m just clarifying, in case what I’m searching for is actually possible, just not through a Round Robin event.

I did a quick mock-up in paint, to show what I was imagining - The logic is that since calendly already knows that the 23rd of may is available, it must also know who’s available on that date.

Userlevel 7

Hey again @pjalle - thanks for the followup here! I totally understand. You would definitely think that if Calendly knows a date is wide-open for all hosts, it would also know when those hosts are available. It does! It just doesn’t have an “at a glance” view of it like you’re looking for, at this time.

The only event types you can assign more than one host like this to are team events, Round Robin Event Types and Collective Event Types. Neither of those ETs offers a feature like this (right now). The mock-up you created and posted is fantastic, though, and your feedback will be marked for our product team to view later!

I hope this info offers some clarity. Let us know if you have any other questions!

p.s. check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide as you learn the ropes. Both are full of tips + tricks to help you as you go and answer tons of questions you might have!

I have a team of trainers and sometimes we want to be able to schedule a client with the 1st available trainer. The feature pjalle requested would be ideal for us to be able to do this efficiently. Right now we have to open up the scheduling page for each trainer and cross reference. It is very tedious.