Skip to main content
Question

Select specifically what times and dates customers can book.

• 30 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I send customers select times and dates through Calendly but they are ableto select any free time in my diary. I was wondering if there is a way that I can limit when they book to only the dates and times I select when sending them a link without having to go into the event on Calendly and edit it manually each time. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hey there @Lizzie19 - great question! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

You have a few options, here. Firstly, keep in mind that your invitees will always see the availability that you have set up for a given event type. So, if you have a one-on-one ET (for example) with availability on Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 10am to 3pm, all of those hours will appear for them to select from and this cannot be worked around without a few more steps. However, that’s where your options come in!

Firstly, you should check into One-Off Meeting types. This allows you to set up a meeting outside your normal set availability for one single invitee to use (via a single use link). This takes priority over your other availability (meaning you can select time slots outside your normal hours, including over “busy” events on your connected calendar - you cannot select time slots over scheduled Calendly events). 

Secondly, check out our Customize Once and Share tool. This tool allows you to take an existing event type and make changes to things like availability, title, duration, payment collection and more and send it to one invitee (via a single use link). This is an easy and seamless way to customize an existing event type for someone, saving time and effort.

You can also always use your availability settings (either within an event type using custom hours or under your availability tab using schedules) to set date specific hours. However, this will apply to the entire event type - meaning whatever dates/hours you choose will be what appears for any and all invitees you share the link with.

I hope this helps!