Skip to main content
Question

Set minimum invitee per group event

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I need to make an event that requires exactly two people to sign up per time slot. When one person books, they get an email confirming that they signed up but stating that they will get a final confirmation or cancelation of the event no later than 48h in advance. If 2 people sign up, they both get a final confirmation that the event is booked. If only one person is signed up 48h before the event, that person will get a cancelation email giving them the option to pick another time. How can I do this?

Hey there @Annah22384 - thanks for your post!

While this sounds great, it’s not how Calendly is designed to work.

Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected calendar, checking that calendar for “busy” events that are conflicts (and marking those times as unavailable on your Calendly booking page). When an invitee books with you via Calendly, the time that they select is automatically “confirmed” and booked. That booking is then pushed to your connected “add to” calendar and blocked off of any other Calendly event types you might have to avoid double-bookings.

We do offer a Group Event Type. This allows for you to set a limit (“max invitee limit”) for the time slots (example: you can set it up so that 2 invitees can book into each time slot). That said, it works the same way as any other event type - when an invitee chooses a time slot, they are given confirmation and that booked time is officially theirs. There is no way to set up an automation within Calendly that makes one booking dependent on another as you describe. I’m sorry!

Let us know if you have any further questions - we’re here to help!