Skip to main content
Question

Setting Up Mock Interviews Between Two Parties

• 16 August 2024
  • 1 reply

I work for a large university and want to set up mock interviews for students through Zoom. Here is the setup:

• I have a large list of industry professionals that are willing to interview students
  • I have a large student body wanting to practice their interview skills

Is there a way for me to create an event where the industry professionals can come in and add their availability and then the students can come in and select a time to interview based on that availability? I would love for this to become automated so I could continue it moving forward by just sharing the appropriate links to new industry professionals and new students.

Thanks for your insight!

Hi @Andrew64865,

I love that idea! Definitely wish I had had that in college!

I think in this scenario, I’d do 2 things to get the desired result:

First, make it super easy for industry professionals to either share their Calendly link or make one (a Free account is totally fine here). This article here would be a good one to share: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/14048303578391-Setting-up-your-first-event I’d also recommend setting up a Google Form or something of the sort to collect some basic information on the professionals such as name, company, special skills or interests, etc. along with their Calendly link. At the end of the day, let’s make this as easy on you to manage as possible. We want to avoid you having to manage any Calendly account other than your own.

Second, I’d build some sort of database for students to reference and schedule time with industry professionals. A Google Sheet could be enough or maybe explore something like Airtable (that’d be my first pick; total Airtable nerd over here). Whatever you choose, it should be something easy to navigate, filter, and for students to find just the person they’re looking for.

Hope this helps!