Skip to main content

Hi,

My organization uses subscribed calendar to give us our schedule. Which means that Calendly is basically useless for me unless I can add a subscribed calendar as busy. Note that the subscribed link is entirely public so there is not authentification issue. 

Is there any way to solve this? Unfortunately this is what will decide me to use Calendly as a subscriber. 

Thanks!

Christophe

Hey there @Christophe15322 -- thanks for your post. Great question!

The answer here is a bit complex and depends on what calendar platform you are connecting to Calendly. Read down for more! 

Subscribed Calendars

Many calendars that you may be subscribed to, such as calendars displaying national holidays, company holidays, etc, are shared (often public) calendars.

Generally, Calendly is not able to check subscribed calendars for conflicts.

If you would like Calendly to consider you unavailable on a holiday, for example, you can copy/clone the event on the subscribed calendar onto your own calendar, then set the event to "Busy."

Here is an example of a cloned Thanksgiving Day event in Google Calendar with the status set to "Busy."

Shared Calendars

Many organizations utilize shared calendars within their connected calendar platforms. More information from each platform:

Generally speaking, Calendly can access shared calendars for which you have read/write access. These calendars would appear in the "Check for conflicts" and "Add to calendar" menus on the Calendar Sync page or in your Outlook plug-in. For example:

Shared O365 Calendar: O365 account view > Calendly account view

Google shared/sub-calendars

Within the Google calendar settings, if one of the following is selected:

• "See only free/busy (hide details)" or
  • "See all event details"

You will be able to add the shared or sub-calendar to the Check for Conflicts calendar configuration, but will not be able to add the calendar as your Add to Calendar.

On the contrary, if one of the following is selected:

• "Make changes to events" or
  • "Make changes and manage sharing"

You will be able to add the shared or sub-calendar to both the Check for Conflicts and Add to Calendar calendar configurations.

Microsoft shared calendars - Changing Privileges

1. Sharing Office 365 calendars with low level access, may not acquire enough permissions for Calendly to interact with that calendar.
  2. As Calendly requires CRUD level calendar permissions, users can change their calendar properties to grant access.
  3. Minimum level permissions required is Editor.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions and I’ll be here.

p.s. check out our Company Admin Guide -- it’s super helpful as you learn the Calendly ropes!