Skip to main content
Question

Sync calendars conflict OR logic but not AND

• 11 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi!

If I have two calendars synced (both Google) is it possible to check for conflicts using AND logic - so if both calendars are busy at the same time, then calendly disable booking, not when only one of them is busy.

Hi @Studio00823,

Hmm. I am intrigued. To put it simply, it isn’t possible. But we hate saying no around here and prefer to be wildly creative. Can you tell us more about what you’re trying to do?

We are using your awesome product for a podcast studio project, where both of us are available as audio engineers. We'd like to sync our calendars so that the studio is available whenever at least one of us is free.

Oh! How about using a Round Robin event? This basically checks your calendar and your peer’s calendar. If either is available, then an open time slot is presented and booked with the available audio engineer. In this case, I’d probably ‘optimize for availability’ unless keeping the workload even between the two of you is a concern.

More info here: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402432846999-How-does-round-robin-distribution-work

And thank you. We think Calendly is pretty awesome too, but our bias is wildly out of control. 🤣

Thank you! It looks like something I was looking for! :)