Skip to main content
Question

Time limit for cancellations

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi. I have my settings so that there has to be a 24-hour window between the time a client makes a booking and their actual meeting with me. I assumed that they would not be able to cancel/reschedule in that 24 hour period either, but that does not seem to be the case (as it was with my previous booking system) My cancellation policy is a 24-hour policy, so I do not want them to think it’s OK for them to cancel at such short notice. Is this something that is going to be rectified?  Thanks.

Hi @SuziBu,

We don’t currently have the functionality to stop someone from cancelling an event within a specific window, as you’ve noticed. The reason behind this is that we can’t force someone to show up to a meeting - regardless of cancellation policies - so we’d rather they be able to communicate a cancellation or reschedule with you instead of being a no-show and wasting your time even more.

What I would recommend doing is being sure to communicate your cancellation policy right in the event booking and making it a required “question” to agree to. We’ve also noticed a lot of other Calendly users using the Stripe or PayPal integration to collect payment during booking which tends to entice people to not waste their money or your time. Note: Cancelling the event would not issue a refund.