Skip to main content
Question

Two hosts, one group event?

• 7 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with what I hope is a simple query! I have several recurring events and have been hosting them all myself. I now want to have a second host for some of these events - if I was to upgrade the plan and add a team-mate, could we have two hosts at an event? This would be ideal as either of us would be able to launch the event from Teams - I am currently having to launch all events even if I am not attending!

Thanks in advance!

Tess

Hey there @Tess64510 - great question, thanks for posting!

Firstly - at this time, Calendly does not offer a multi-host Group Event Type. I wish we did - and I hope we eventually will!

However, we do have a multi-host one-on-one event type called a Collective Event Type - so you might want to check that out! We also offer a Round Robin Event Type

A newer feature that might be the perfect solution for you, here, is our Host Pooling on Round Robin and Collective Event types (though, these are both for one invitee - not a group event type).

In order to make this happen you would need to add an additional user to your plan after upgrading, and then create a Team Page and team events (mentioned above). You will not be able to simply add the new host to your existing events, as these are your individual event types under your personal account.

You will need our Teams plan for this. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

Teams
Our Teams plan is:

• $16/user/month (billed annually)
  • $20/user/month (billed monthly)

For the admin that wants more, including Salesforce and Round Robin.
Teams features include Standard features, plus

• Connect to Salesforce to flow meeting data into the CRM
  • Round Robin events
  • Route leads with Hubspot, Marketo, or Pardot forms
  • Lock and sync admin-managed event templates

The best workaround here might be to add your additional host to your calendar events - i.e. if you are using Google Calendar, add that additional host to those events in Google Calendar instead of in Calendly.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

p.s. check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide - both are very helpful as you learn the ropes! 

Hi Kelsi, 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately those options don’t work for us. It’s a shame as having two hosts on group events is really common, I’m surprised that isn’t a feature already. I’ve found a temporary workaround in MS Teams for the moment.