Skip to main content
Solved

Unavailability feature lost

• 17 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello
I am encountering an issue related to the unavailability feature in your new platform. Specifically, I am unable to find the previous option to block off specific dates in all calendars.

Additionally, it appears that if an all-day event or multi-day event is scheduled, Calendly still offers slots for new appointments on those days. This is causing scheduling conflicts that could be avoided.

Could you please assist me in resolving these issues? I would appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Hey, @Vincent66772! What great questions - and I am happy to help answer them! 

First, I want to apologize for any frustrations this change may cause as it certainly is not the intention. The Calendly product team has decided to migrate from Schedules to Default hours. Default hours are designed to be a simplified way to set availability for all event types at the account level. Along with this change, we have also enabled the ability to set up your Holidays within Calendly. While Default hours & Holidays will be assigned to all new event types created and team events, Calendly will still allow for further changes to be made to your availability within each event type.

We understand change isn't easy and can sometimes be disruptive to your workflow within Calendly. That being said, I would be more than happy to walk you through our new Default Hours & Holidays set up. I'll also be sure to pass along your feedback to our internal teams so that we can improve our product updates in the future.

Yes, our availability functionality has changed. Currently there is no longer a way to set a date override and apply it to all event types at once. You will need to go into each event type and select “date specific hours” in order to block off a date/time for all of your events. That said, if you are hoping to block off times for all and not most event types, the easiest way would be to block off that time on your connected calendar! We have gotten a lot of feedback about this change and hope to see the ability to add date overrides to all event types back in your hands soon! 

Onto the next - if you have created all-day or multi-day events in your connected calendar the likely default status of those events is “free.” Calendly will read “busy” events on your connected calendar (or, if you choose so with an O365/Outlook.com Calendar, “out of office/working elsewhere/away/tentative” as well) as conflicts and will not allow them to be booked over, but “free” events can be booked over and aren’t read as conflicts! So, adjust those settings and you should be good! If you’d like to tell me what kind of calendar/s you have connected I can show you how with a video! You can also learn more here: 

This topic has an answer that I wrote that goes into depth regarding the “free” and “busy” issues as well as your connected calendar/s and how to set it up. Let me know if this helps!