Skip to main content
Solved

Using Calendly to Operate Office Hours - How do I hold the slots so no one else can book those times?

• 4 September 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m a consultant and I have one client I’m offering recurring office hours to. I’ve been able to set up the ‘meeting type’ so that they can book on the chosen dates I’ve specified. However, my challenge now is those dates show as open in my google calendar. I had originally placed a HOLD there, but that makes it look like I’m unavailable. Is there a way for Calendly to hold the provided slots on my schedule until someone books them, similar to meeting polls?

Hi @Anastasia21208!

There aren’t any great options here unfortunately. Calendly is looking for free time on your calendar and any sort of ‘busy’ block will prevent clients from scheduling during that time. Your best/only solution here is to put a ‘free’ block on your calendar and hope that peers who have access to booking with you directly see that and avoid it.

Alternatively, you can use the ‘book over meeting’ functionality yourself to book over time that shows as unavailable to others. I’m not sure if it would help in this situation, but here’s a bit more info on it: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/20468357687191-Book-over-meetings

Thank you @jillian! Using the ‘book over meeting’ feature is the work around I’m testing now. I’m not sure it’s recognizing all instances of the meetings right now. But I’m trying to troubleshoot that.