Skip to main content

Perhaps I’m missing something, but I’m not seeing a way to ensure that our customers are receiving the Calendly emails/invitations/communication from our custom email address that is configured in the Gmail Integrations.

Is this not possible?  Seems like it should be able to send outgoing emails from our GSuite/Gmail account rather than the calendly address with the reply-to set to our email address?

Thanks in advance!

Hey there @PowersFTC - great question!

Firstly -- Calendly booking confirmations will never send from your custom email address. 

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. 

If you choose “email confirmations” as your booking confirmation for an event type, these will always be sent from notifications@calendly.com.

What can and will (if you set it up) be sent from your custom email address are email based Workflows. So, if you’ve set up your Gmail under Workflows, then you should notice that those are sending from that email address and not notifications@calendly.com

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the response.   However, from what I’m seeing, there is not a way to send a Calendar Invitation when the event type is “Group Event” is that correct?

Thank you!

Hey there @PowersFTC -- that is correct. I’m sorry! Group Event Types are not compatible with calendar invitations.

This means that for a group ET you will not be able to meet this goal. Let me know if there are other ways I can help!