Skip to main content

I created a scheduled event and invited a user to it. I can see the user in the event and assigned them as "View Only." However, they cannot see my "Scheduled Events."

What else do I need to do to allow them to see my scheduled event? The invited users don't even have a dropdown option to see my events on the "Scheduled Events" page.

If I go to the Admin Center and then to the User Tab in the “People” category, I can see the users attached. If I change the user from "User" to "Admin," they can see my "Scheduled Events," but this allows them to change event information, which is not acceptable.

Hey there @JacobP -- great questions!

At this time, you will need to choose to either leave a team mate a “regular user” or make them an “admin”. Regular users will not have the ability to see your event types/scheduled events. When a regular user looks at their “My Calendly” dropdown, they will be presented only with their own landing page + any teams and groups they have been added to. 

Note: if you make a user an admin, they should not be able to make changes to your personal Calendly event types that have been created under your profile. 

This Help Center article goes into great detail about what different roles and permissions exist within your Calendly organization based on what you assign to each user. You should find it quite informative and helpful! 

Here’s some more information that might help you work through these issues: 

• rather than making your user/s “admin/s” you can create a Team Page
    • on that Team Page, you can add any user to the team that you’d like to be able to see all event types on said Team Page
    • on a Team Page you can create Group Event TypesCollective Event Types and Round Robin Event Types (RRETs are available on our Teams plan and above) -- and if you have a need for “one-on-one” ETs (while “true” one-on-one ETs cannot be created on a Team Page), you can use this simple workaround for that as well
    • doing this will allow the user/s to select this team from the dropdown menu under “My Calendly” so that they can view all of these team events, however, unless you make them a team admin they will not be able to make changes to the team events 
  • you can also create Admin Managed Events and Shared Events
    • assigning a user/users to these ETs will allow them to view them from the “My Calendly” dropdown as well
    • users will not be able to make changes unless given permissions to do so for either of these ETs
  • you can also create groups within your Calendly organization and assign users as group admins
    • group admins can manage and report on members in their group, without needing full admin permissions to organization-level settings
    • clicking the “groups” link above will give you much more info on groups and what group admins can/cannot do

I know this is not exactly the information you’d hoped for, but do think some of it will be helpful -- and hope you find it as such! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. We’ll be here!

p.s. check out our Company Admin Guide for more information about running your Calendly organization as well as tips + tricks for all things owner/admin related. Our New User Guide might also prove helpful! 

Have a good Monday!