Solved

Why calendar showing we're available when we are not - Our calendar event shows Busy

• 25 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi guys ! Ive added my boss’s calendar and noticed some events he has that would normally make our calendly event as unavailable that day, but somehow, it still shows my boss is available. I have trouble shoot already and also check the status of his personnal event in his agenda, it said BUSY. So technically shouldnt conflict with Calendly, but calendly still shows he is avialable. Could this be related to the fact both me and him have synchronized our agenda in this calendly event ?  Mine seems to to be ok… not sure why his doesnt synch appropropriately ?

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 25 April 2024, 22:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @NoréaMadi - thanks for your post, and sorry this is happening!

Generally a “busy” event on a calendar will definitely mark someone unavailable for that date/time on their Calendly booking pages. That said - you mentioned that this is a shared Calendar.

Your own availability is being marked “unavailable” by this and his isn’t, correct? Here’s what you should check: 

• go to his “Calendar Sync” page from the top right dropdown in his account (click on his profile picture)
  • double check his “check for conflicts” section by clicking “edit” 
  • look to see if the sub-calendar that these “busy” events are on is actively being checked for conflicts
  • if it’s not - select it and save - problem solved!
  • if it is - move on to the next section 

Check out the information about shared calendars, below. 

Many organizations utilize shared calendars within their connected calendar platforms. More information from each platform:

Generally speaking, Calendly can access shared calendars for which the user has read/write access. These calendars would appear in the "Check for conflicts" and "Add to calendar" menus on the Calendar Sync page or in the user's Outlook plug-in. For example:

image.png

image.png

Google shared/sub-calendars

Within the Google calendar settings, if one of the following is selected:

• "See only free/busy (hide details)" or
  • "See all event details"

The user will be able to add the shared or sub-calendar to the Check for Conflicts calendar configuration, but will not be able to add the calendar as their Add to Calendar.

On the contrary, if one of the following is selected:

• "Make changes to events" or
  • "Make changes and manage sharing"

The user will be able to add the shared or sub-calendar to both the Check for Conflicts and Add to Calendar calendar configurations.

CleanShot 2023-07-21 at 10.08.48@2x.png

TIPS for support

Microsoft shared calendars - Changing Privileges

1. Sharing Office 365 calendars with low level access, may not acquire enough permissions for Calendly to interact with that calendar.
  2. As Calendly requires CRUD level calendar permissions, users can change their calendar properties to grant access.
  3. Minimum level permissions required is Editor.

Unnamed

Subscribed Calendars

Many calendars that you may be subscribed to, such as calendars displaying national holidays, company holidays, etc, are shared (often public) calendars. Generally, Calendly is not able to check subscribed calendars for conflicts.

If a user would like Calendly to consider them unavailable on a holiday, for example, they can copy/clone the event on the subscribed calendar onto their own calendar, then set the event to "Busy."

Here is an example of a cloned Thanksgiving Day event in Google Calendar with the status set to "Busy."

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 4.38.37 PM.png

If this information doesn’t help resolve your issue, please reach out to our support team by clicking “chat now” in your account to get more personalized troubleshooting assistance. They’re available to help 24/7 and can do a bit more than we can from here.

Have a great day! =)