Skip to main content
Solved

Why does the invitee calendar invitation show a different sender email and how can i fix this?

• 4 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there, hope you can help out. When testing following happens:

Invitee receives calendar invitation in email. But the sender email address shows: outlook_31f7199731280c17@outlook.com instead of my company email.

How can i fix this?

I have already dis- and reconnected my Outlook email.

Hope you can help!

Hi Henriette,

I think this issue might be on the Outlook side of things and did a bit of digging. I’m definitely no Outlook expert, but it sounds like the issue may be how you have your email address setup in Outlook. There’s a ton of info here on it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd

Hope this helps a bit!

Hi Jillian 😃 Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it didn't work. My email address did show normal whenever i sent an email directly from my outlook inbox. Only when using Calendly it was being weird.

I have been in contact with Outlook. According to them the problem was that Calendly connected with my outlook email address, while this isn't my original domain (which is the webmail from my website provider). If that happens Outlook creates an emailaddress with numbers.

I have deleted my Calendly account, created a new one and then did not connect my calendar (probably it would have been enough to disconnect my calendar on Calendly). Then the email address was showing fine. Lateron i did connect my Outlook calendar as i don't have any other option.

Currently this is working (so correct sender email). Let's hope it continues. Fingers crossed.

Anyone with the same construction that is working well or also experiencing problems?

• original mail account at website provider/host
  • connected to outlook calendar

Many thanks!

Oh! Thank you so much for the update. This is great knowledge to have in Calendly Community as I’m sure we’ll run into it again and hopefully it helps someone else!

Hello,

My customer have the same Prolem with outlook connection like @Henriette.

Do I understand that correctly? You simply disconnected and reconnected to your Outlook calendar and then it worked?
Or did you do something else? 

My customer works with Outlook, so no calendar connection is simply not a solution.

Thanks a lot.

No actually that is not what happened. I deleted my calendly account. Then set it up without calendar attached. Then lateron I connected my Outlook calendar. So far so good. So i cannot say for sure that it would also have worked if i would have only dis and reconnected my calendar. 

But this would be a simple step, so whenever it happens again i know i will try this first.

Hope this helps.