Skip to main content
Question

Why is there no ability to modify a calendar description when using email confirmations?

• 13 January 2024
  • 4 replies

When using email confirmations, the calendar description defaults to the name of the invitee and event type.  Why is there no ability add additional variables to the calendar description when using email confirmations like there is when using calendar invitations? (I don’t want to use calendar invitations because I don’t want invitees to see internal notes that I may enter in the appointment from Outlook).  Or, if there is a way to accomplish this, how?

Hi @David44266!

You should be able to edit email confirmations the same way you’d edit calendar invitations. From the event type editor page, click on Communications. Then click on the 3 little dots next to Email Confirmation and click ‘Edit’. This will bring up a screen that shows the subject and body along with the variables for each. Make the edits you’d like and be sure to click ‘Save and Close’ at the bottom.

If you’re not seeing this, please let me know.

Thanks, Jillian.  But my issue is not with the text of the email, my issue with the appointment text on my calendar.  I would like the calendar appointment to appear with additional text than what is defaulted by Calendly (i.e., I have an appointment called Phone Appointment.  The calendar description defaults to tName of Invitee]: Phone Appointment.  I would like to add more custom language on the appointment description.  This is possible when using calendar invitations but does not appear to be an option when using email confirmations.

Hi @David44266,

Thanks for the reply! You are correct that it is possible to customize the title and description of the calendar event when an event type uses Calendar Invites as the notification method. However, it is not possible at this time to customize the title and description text of a calendar event that is set to use email confirmations as the notification method. I’ve looped this over to our product team, and hopefully this is a feature we’ll be able to provide in the future! 

If you would like to switch to calendar invitations as your notification method in order to be able to customize the calendar event text, I’d like to point out that you can make internal meeting notes that are not shown to the invitee using the “Add meeting notes” section of your Scheduled Events page in Calendly. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach back out! 

Thank you for confirming and for looping this to the product team for hopeful future development.  I saw the add meeting notes, but I tend to work from my Outlook or case management calendar entries more than Calendly’s scheduled events page.