Skip to main content

We love the group scheduling feature, but asking people to add it to their calendar manually seems burdensome.  Given the limitation noted in the article linked below that indicates that we can’t use Calendar Invites for a group schedule, has anyone found a workaround?  Or an alternative scheduling tool that works in this case?  Thanks so much!

Hey there @SharonA -- thanks for your post!

I do hope some other community members chime in to tell you how they deal with this within their own use cases!

I am so sorry to say that there is no workaround native to Calendly nor using any third-party tools I am aware of (and trust me, this is a common ask so I have done the research!) that will result in being able to apply Calendar Invitations to Group Event Types. There is also no way to avoid requiring an invitee click “yes” and manually add their bookings to their calendars with Email Confirmations. I am so sorry to inform! 

Just so you have some clarification regarding booking notifications: 

With Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. Calendar invitations are also not compatible with Group Event Types

I will make sure to include this feedback in our monthly report, and I do hope that you can figure something out that works for your team!