Skip to main content
Question

Workflow duplicating and replacing another

• 9 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey there, 

i’ve found this one in here already but you said that this couldn’t happen.

One of my Workflows duplicated and replaced another one today. Hence my Customers didnt receive a reminder 1 hour before the meeting but would now have two reminders a day before.

Since I cannot quite remember the text of the E-Mail and SMS, this is really annoying.

How can this happen and how do I prevent it.

Hi @MaxLord

I’m sorry to hear that! Because Workflows are such a powerful and customizable tool, it’s easy to get a bit mixed up with them.

For some background, a Workflow will not automatically duplicate itself. If you are noticing duplicate reminders going out, I recommend first checking your Workflows page to verify your configuration is set up as desired. Here’s a quick cheat-sheet for what to look for--

If all looks as it should on your Workflows page, your next step will be to double check each of your event types to make sure you have not mistakenly configured duplicate basic reminders from the Communications section of your event type settings. For more info on the difference between Workflows and basic reminders, feel free to take a look here.

Once you have combed through all of your event type settings pages for any duplicate basic reminders, I recommend taking a look at a past event in your Scheduled Events page and expanding your Workflow timeline. One of my favorite features of Workflows is that, unlike basic reminders, you can track the communications as they are sent out.

I find it helpful to pull up the Workflows page in a second browser tab to compare what was sent to what is configured. 

Note: If you make changes to your Workflow settings, any existing booked meetings that were created prior to the updates will adhere to the Workflows settings as they were at the time of booking. In order to apply your new Workflows settings to existing booked events, you can “reschedule” the events for the same date/time. You will be able to include a note to your invitees clarifying that their meeting is not actually rescheduled, but rather you are doing some schedule housekeeping.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!