Skip to main content
Question

Would like to edit times for one-off meeting but can't edit anything

• 8 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Set up times and emailed to client and then realized I had a scheduled meeting overlapping the times.  I would like to change the times offered for the one-off meeting, but can’t seem to find out how.

Do I just need to “book” those times myself?  Thanks.

Hey there @JSS - great question!

One-Off Meeting types cannot be edited once created. You will need to cancel the one-off meeting under “scheduled events > pending” and then create a new one with updated availability.

I hope this helps! You might also want to check out our Customize Once and Share tool. Let us know if you have any questions! =) 

Thanks, Kelsi for your response.  It helps to know the limitations, but it doesn’t help me.  Canceling and creating a new one isn’t a great option because the link was mailed to a few people and that would mean that I would need to go back to them to let them know that what I sent them won’t work anymore and to use the new link, etc.  Kinda awkward and not professional.

It was the first time I was using the one-off meeting.  Probably will be the last.

Thanks again though.  Really appreciate the info.  Happy Holidays!

Hi @JSS sorry for the confusion! 

I think both the ‘one-off meetings’ tool and the ‘customize once and share’ tool are a great options for you to use in the future-- so I’d like to go over the specifics of how each of them work and are intended to be utilized. 

One-off meetings are perfect for quick scheduling that doesn’t adhere to your normal availability. They are able to be booked over times that would normally be seen as “calendar conflicts” and can be quickly generated for “ad-hoc” use. The important thing to note about one-off meetings is that they will always be single use links that expire after being used to schedule a meeting. This means that if you wish to send a link to more than one invitee, this option is not optimal. If you are looking to send one link to multiple invitees, I would suggest a standard one-on-one event type. I noticed you mentioned sending your one-off meeting to multiple invitees, and wanted to be sure to clarify. 

Speaking of using a standard one-on-one event type, if you still need to have variances in availability, title, location, etc, you can use the ‘customize once and share’ option. This is also a single use link, however, this may be a good alternative to creating multiple ‘one-off’ meetings as most of your settings will remain pre-set from the original event type. 

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance with this! 

You are correct, I did send the link to two invitees.  Didn’t realize it was single-use.  Thanks.

Agreed, for my purposes, customize once and share might be preferable.  Again, thanks.

Appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me.  Happy Holidays!

You are correct, I did send the link to two invitees.  Didn’t realize it was single-use.  Thanks.

Agreed, for my purposes, customize once and share might be preferable.  Again, thanks.

Appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me.  Happy Holidays!

We are so glad that this helped! Have a great holiday, JSS!