Skip to main content

Hi! I just spent quite a lot of time trying to find the calendar view in the availability tab, which I had just been using two days ago. I see from the updates that the UI changed yesterday. I would really like the calendar view back, if possible!

Hi PunctualLibrarian,

Thank you for the feedback. The suite of UI changes have been focused giving everyone faster control over their meetings and settings from a single screen. We believe that by streamlining how availability is managed, we can offer a more intuitive and straightforward experience. That said, we understand the frustration that comes with promptly changing peoples’ workflows. I’ve marked this as a feature request and will make sure it gets in front of our product team promptly. 

Thank you

I’ve lost so much time today trying to find the calendar view. Please bring it back asap. I don’t want my calendar for Google used in the same way and I really appreciated the calendar view where I could set available times. They’re different than what I might indicate on my other calendar. Right now I have no available meetings because I’ve messed around with it so much. I can go ahead and update for this week, but I absolutely need the Calendly calendar view back ASAP. 

Hi! I just spent quite a lot of time trying to find the calendar view in the availability tab, which I had just been using two days ago. I see from the updates that the UI changed yesterday. I would really like the calendar view back, if possible!

I agree! It’s been driving me crazy all day and has completely disrupted how I operate. We should have been notified and I hope this feature returns. It’s the main reason I use Calendly. 

Hi PunctualLibrarian,

Thank you for the feedback. The suite of UI changes have been focused giving everyone faster control over their meetings and settings from a single screen. We believe that by streamlining how availability is managed, we can offer a more intuitive and straightforward experience. That said, we understand the frustration that comes with promptly changing peoples’ workflows. I’ve marked this as a feature request and will make sure it gets in front of our product team promptly. 

How prompt is promptly? 

Same here! It was so handy, I dont understand what’s easier in new version :/

Actually I just realized I have absolutely zero idea how to navigate this new thing. Starting with my availibility showing in October but not showing on the list of available dates in EDIT section so I have no idea how to change things there ., HELP please! Is there some kind of link to instruction how to manage this now?

I found that I can manage it (kind-of) the way I used to if I click the gear on a meeting option. But it’s not my preference. It’s hidden and I prefer the former view. If you click the gear drop down, then edit, you can add date specific hours but it feels clunky compared to before. I liked being able to toggle and it was in plain sight. 

I work for a tech company myself and do not see the new version to be easier. It worked great before and why I loved Calendly! 

I found that I can manage it (kind-of) the way I used to if I click the gear on a meeting option. But it’s not my preference. It’s hidden and I prefer the former view. If you click the gear drop down, then edit, you can add date specific hours but it feels clunky compared to before. I liked being able to toggle and it was in plain sight. 

I work for a tech company myself and do not see the new version to be easier. It worked great before and why I loved Calendly! 

I dont understand where to edit my October hours that are already set up. This list on the right only shows till September and when I click at it to see this little calendar, it’s complitelly available. do you know how can I find view of my actual schedual to change it? Seriously Calendly, either I’m a total idiiot actually or this is really big fail :/

I will be looking at other schedulers today because this change isn’t just “challenging”. What an absolutely dismissive response, by the way. Actually acknowledge that in the desire of some developer to “streamline” the experience that you do not care about usability of this website for your customers at all.

I have spent several hours yesterday and likely will today in dealing with the absolute mess this has created for my business. I am looking at other schedulers. Acuity seems to be the most user friendly so far.

I just asked and here is the non-response that I got:

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback around the improvements we're making to Calendly. We understand that change can be challenging, but our focus remains on improving the overall usability and effectiveness of our product. With that said, we are unable to revert you to the old interface, as these updates will be rolled to all Calendly users soon. However, I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the updates with the Product team.

Our decision to make these improvements was made after careful consideration, with the goal of simplifying availability management for our users. We believe that by streamlining how availability is managed, we can offer a more intuitive and straightforward experience. This change is aimed at helping you and others better understand and manage your availability (lol), as well as how different event types impact your schedule.

To help you become more familiar with these changes, you can watch this video whenever you need — or read more about the Event Type and Availability updates.

With that said, I'm happy to walk you through the new experience. I understand you're looking to view your availability in monthly view. This feature can now be located by navigating to your event, selecting the Availability section and scrolling down to the date-specific hours section, when you click the "add hours" button you will see a calendar view to select the dates you want to edit. 

?name=2+date+specific+hours.png

?name=image.png

If you have any additional questions or need assistance with the new interface, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help.

Thank you for the play-by-play just posted by Mary06744...very helpful!

What I don’t think Calendly is taking into consideration is we are not “one-size-fits-all” clients.  For instance, I did use Mary06744’s post to update my availability for ONE type of meeting on ONE day, but to have to update each and every meeting type for such an adjustment is ridiculous.

I am a Mobile Notary and Remote On-Line Notary.  My clients get to choose the length of time they need me based on the documents they have to execute.  I also do consultations for Estate Planning attorneys and Senior Living facilities.

If I need to adjust my availability on the fly for even one particular day, clicking into each and every event type is time-consuming and simply not productive.  My availability needs to be the same across all meeting types to accommodate whatever my clients might need.

What a bummer...

Thank you for the play-by-play just posted by Mary06744...very helpful!

What I don’t think Calendly is taking into consideration is we are not “one-size-fits-all” clients.  For instance, I did use Mary06744’s post to update my availability for ONE type of meeting on ONE day, but to have to update each and every meeting type for such an adjustment is ridiculous.

I am a Mobile Notary and Remote On-Line Notary.  My clients get to choose the length of time they need me based on the documents they have to execute.  I also do consultations for Estate Planning attorneys and Senior Living facilities.

If I need to adjust my availability on the fly for even one particular day, clicking into each and every event type is time-consuming and simply not productive.  My availability needs to be the same across all meeting types to accommodate whatever my clients might need.

What a bummer...

Exactly. They’re making adjustments without understanding the need of clients. Some tech companies make changes they anticipate everyone needs, but they’re missing a group and I’m sure more will speak out. Some of my colleagues haven’t seen the change in their accounts yet. They can have this new version and still allow for the old one. Fingers crossed that these messages get passed to their product engineers as I’m sure there are others using it the way we are (or did).

Help! The Availability Tab disappeared from my account page. I can’t access my schedule. Not sure if it disappeared due to 365 Outlook update? My calendar is wide open to the public now, without the accurate schedule. I need access to the Availability Tab asap!

Help! The Availability Tab disappeared from my account page. I can’t access my schedule. Not sure if it disappeared due to 365 Outlook update? My calendar is wide open to the public now, without the accurate schedule. I need access to the Availability Tab asap!

The availability tab is still, well, available. If you click in the upper right corner with the initial of your username, it’s in the dropdown menu between “My Link” and “All Settings.”

This thread is about a specific feature of the availability tab that we would like back.

Yes, I found that in All Settings, but it doesn’t allow me to select different hours for meetings in individual dates. I will have to use a different service if this has been removed for good.

I too have wasted more than half an hour trying to find where the old calendar setting has gone. The new feature is not use friendly. It does not allow me to easily see the dates I have already blocked as unavailable. The old view was easy to update on the fly. I get that all new changes and features require a learnding curve, but after finding the new feature I using it thus far, I do not foresee it being functional for long term use. I do like that we have the option to add the holidays and enter a block time, BUT we need to also have an option for the old view and feature. I have no idea right now when I am available and when I am not. Very frustrated.

The Date-Specific option shown in the instructions above is not showing up for me.  Is there no way to add date specific availability any more?

I just had a chat with an agent and found the date specific option is now under each event.  In order to block this time across all your events you have to do it in each event type or set it up under time off/holidays.

I can't get my scheduling to work like it use to.  Please help me find the monthly calendar view where I can pick a specific date and add my unique availability for each day.

Who has the same schedule every week - no one.

Please help. ASAP I have wasted so much time on this. 

OK.  The tutorial above helped me understand what Calendly changed.  Sorry Calendly team, this completely changed your product.  For all the reasons above and more this change does not give the customer what we need.  PLEASE change it back to the way it use to be. Today, please. 

Yeah, I have gotten the response a few times “I understand change must be difficult”. The language they are using makes it seem like they have done this wonderful job “streamlining” their website and that we are just upset because we haven’t gotten used to some great change they have done for us.

The truth is that if they had actually done an update that made the website more user-friendly or more streamlined I would be all for it. What they have done is taken away the one feature that made me pick this service above others for my work, and changed something that used to take about three clicks into about 10-20. I wish calendly would take some responsibility for themselves here and admit they made a mistake, rather than continually using language that places the blame on the user.

Oh and the language of the contract states that basically with a year subscription I will be out money. I cannot get a refund, or even a partial refund, in any way, even if they decide to basically make their website unusable, or barely usable, for my business. I signed up for a year service in good faith that it would remain basically functional for me, and now it is barely functional for my business and its needs. 

I agree with other Users complaints - It took me hours to reschedule my calendar one day at a time thru 2024 after this ‘improvement’ was installed. No warning, no email alert about the change, nothing. I’m looking at other services for next year.

Oh and the language of the contract states that basically with a year subscription I will be out money. I cannot get a refund, or even a partial refund, in any way, even if they decide to basically make their website unusable, or barely usable, for my business. I signed up for a year service in good faith that it would remain basically functional for me, and now it is barely functional for my business and its needs. 

Same! I just signed up for the annual subscription four weeks ago after using it for a month. I loved it and now it is completely useless. I can’t be stuck with this for the next year.   

I will echo much of what customers are saying here, reddit and other places… the Calendar feature was the most important part of how I manage my schedule. 

First, I had to hunt down where the Availability went. Then I searched everywhere for the Calendar. Once I realized it was gone I dove into the “improved” way of doing things and became more frustrated by the minute. I finally find the time-off exceptions by opening an event, only to find that if you make any changes in that side bar it will only affect that specific event! I found that out by moving between two of my events and seeing my change only affected one of them.

I am truly hoping Calendly brings this feature back. Like others, if they don’t, I will have to find another solution.

Calendly, please bring back the original workflow. Please.