Skip to main content

Hi! I just spent quite a lot of time trying to find the calendar view in the availability tab, which I had just been using two days ago. I see from the updates that the UI changed yesterday. I would really like the calendar view back, if possible!

For whatever reason, they think this is improved, but they have users saying it is not. I’m extremely tech literate and work with a tech company. They removed the feature that I used the most. The new way of accessing day by day scheduling is not user-friendly. It’s visually unappealing. I really just want to see the calendar again and have the original view back. If anyone has suggestions on an alternative platform, please let me know.

Hi! I just spent quite a lot of time trying to find the calendar view in the availability tab, which I had just been using two days ago. I see from the updates that the UI changed yesterday. I would really like the calendar view back, if possible!

I noticed the recent UI update removed the calendar view in the availability tab, which I was actively using. Could you please bring back the calendar view or provide an option to toggle it? It was a valuable tool for managing my availability more efficiently.

I agree, for someone who doesnt’ have consistent and predicatable availability, this feature was key. I am really disappointed. 

Will Calendly care about the many of us who did not ask for this change? 

Will Calendly listen to the number of us who have asked for it to be returned?

I work for myself and my hours are mine to determine. The main reason I went to calendly was because I could change a day and week a month anytime I wanted to. 

the annual price has been increased yet my wasted hour looking for something that was hidden behind other clicks will not be rewarded. I will cancel my subscription if there isn’t at least a community email letting users know we have been heard. 

Hi all,

We see all your posts coming in. We’ve read every single bit of feedback you have all posted and shared the majority of it with our peers in Product. And the reality is we’re users of both Calendly and other SaaS tools too, so we know what it’s like to go through change to your favorite tools.

So thank you to everyone who has shared feedback. We are closely reviewing it all, and information about your specific use cases is especially helpful. Your input plays a key role in shaping improvements, and we're using it to guide upcoming updates. Stay tuned for more and keep the feedback coming.

Frustrated that it took me some time to find out that this was a change, and not a specific bug. The new workflow to achieve something that was much more straightforward is way too clunky. Looking into other services

The current workflow does not meet the needs of a schedule that changes weekly/monthly - please fix this. 

Adding my feedback to every relevant thread. Massive step backward in functionality. I have loved you all for so long; your product streamlined so much of my communication. This is inconvenient enough for me to look for alternatives. It’s easier for me to manually do this now. Please give us an option for a Calendar view!

Hi all,

We see all your posts coming in. We’ve read every single bit of feedback you have all posted and shared the majority of it with our peers in Product. And the reality is we’re users of both Calendly and other SaaS tools too, so we know what it’s like to go through change to your favorite tools.

So thank you to everyone who has shared feedback. We are closely reviewing it all, and information about your specific use cases is especially helpful. Your input plays a key role in shaping improvements, and we're using it to guide upcoming updates. Stay tuned for more and keep the feedback coming.

Thank you for sharing! I work in the tech industry and understand the need for change. Everyone can be flexible. However, your product is Calendly- a booking calendar. In my role it’s extremely useful to see a full calendar view, times I’ve selected for meetings, etc., and not have to go through multiple steps just to add date specific times for meetings. Everything else you offer is fantastic, people just want a calendar view to select timeframes for meetings. Please share with your team that this really is a basic request to see a full calendar view, be able to select dates, add timeframes, and move on. All I can see is a list of meetings and yet, this is a product built off the premise of a calendar. 

If you look at Calendly’s side-by-side comparison of before and after Event Type Editor  it doesn’t feel new and improved. It feels clunky and inefficient. I need a calendar that shows date specific hours (with custom hours for date specific availability). I’ve been vocal about this for several weeks now and we still just get told that you’re all listening, but we really need a calendar view for these kinds of workflows. I don’t want to have to shift to a new product, but clearly can’t keep waiting for a change I don’t think will occur. 

It would have been ideal to run a survey with your customers prior to making a change that creates such challenges. Again, we all work through change, we can adjust to shifts. However, this is a functional change to a calendar- you removed any view of a calendar that many of us rely on. It’s now lists and unintuitive pathways to add date specific times and isn’t visually friendly. Prior to making changes, please consider more than the logistics. Please consider how people work visually, too. 

I will be looking at other schedulers today because this change isn’t just “challenging”. What an absolutely dismissive response, by the way. Actually acknowledge that in the desire of some developer to “streamline” the experience that you do not care about usability of this website for your customers at all.

I have spent several hours yesterday and likely will today in dealing with the absolute mess this has created for my business. I am looking at other schedulers. Acuity seems to be the most user friendly so far.

I just asked and here is the non-response that I got:

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback around the improvements we're making to Calendly. We understand that change can be challenging, but our focus remains on improving the overall usability and effectiveness of our product. With that said, we are unable to revert you to the old interface, as these updates will be rolled to all Calendly users soon. However, I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the updates with the Product team.

Our decision to make these improvements was made after careful consideration, with the goal of simplifying availability management for our users. We believe that by streamlining how availability is managed, we can offer a more intuitive and straightforward experience. This change is aimed at helping you and others better understand and manage your availability (lol), as well as how different event types impact your schedule.

To help you become more familiar with these changes, you can watch this video whenever you need — or read more about the Event Type and Availability updates.

With that said, I'm happy to walk you through the new experience. I understand you're looking to view your availability in monthly view. This feature can now be located by navigating to your event, selecting the Availability section and scrolling down to the date-specific hours section, when you click the "add hours" button you will see a calendar view to select the dates you want to edit. 

?name=2+date+specific+hours.png

?name=image.png

If you have any additional questions or need assistance with the new interface, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help.

While this is helpful. Most of us have discovered this along our way. Again, many of us would like to see a constant visual of the calendar. Once I select dates and specific times, they show as a list. The calendar with time blocks is no longer visible, unless I go in to set times. It’s not that people can’t figure it out. I would like to see a calendar view that visually shows my time specific blocks the way Calendly used to. 

The example provide shows how to see the calendar view, but it must be done for EACH event which is very inconvenient when the preference is to update all the events for availability. We also would like to see what we previously selected by event. I have  8 different event types. If I miss updating one than I could have scheduling issues with my client. I will hang around for a bit to see if this is resolved, but Zoom just roled out Zoom schedule for only $5 per month and would allow me to only have to deal with one subscription so if something doesn’t change back soon. I will likely be cancelling my future subscription. I do like calendly, but the more convenient version!