Skip to main content

We use Calendly for... just about everything

• 18 July 2024
  • 1 reply

We use Calendly across business development, customer success, marketing, hiring, and customer support. Pretty much anytime we need to schedule a time for any reason. We almost always have HubSpot and Zoom integrated to make things easier ongoing. Here’s how that plays out:

Business Development: It starts with a routing form on our demo page. We ask for minimal information, then route the inbound prospect to the appropriate event (and accordingly the right rep) by company size. Reps will also share their individual Calendly links when pitching or responding to inbound leads (they typically keep 2 events on their personal links, for a 15-minute call and a 25-minute demo).

Customer Success:  We offer free onboarding and training for everyone, so there’s some automated and personal outreach to all new customers, trying to get them onto on a group training. Then for larger accounts, we’ll work with them 1-on-1 to make sure all their employees/team/locations/etc. are setup as needed. Later on, Success reps will reach out to their accounts individually, sharing their Calendly links to setup calls about extra features, renewals, etc.

Customer Support: You never want this, but occasionally we need to get a customer on Zoom and have them screen share their issues or talk through what they need. We’ll use Calendly to schedule the call.

Hiring: Nothing crazy, we’ll follow up with promising applicants to schedule a screening call and then in-person interviews. These are typically group meetings, with multiple of our employees meeting with one applicant.

Marketing:  Two use cases, but essentially the same in practice. I host a podcast, and I’ll share a specific event link for the podcast when coordinating with guests. Also makes it easy for them to reschedule later, which happens more often that you want, but at least they’re rescheduling instead of cancelling. And lastly we’ll use it set up a time with customers for case studies or other marketing calls.

If anyone has questions about this, let me know. I’m happy to dive in deeper!

1 reply

Userlevel 7

What a fantastic, thoroughly detailed overview of how you use Calendly. Thank you so much @KennethBurke for this contribution. I hope others engage!