Question

Wrong event type booked.....

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have been using Calendly with one event type, 30 minute meeting.  The link to this has been published by my agency and works fine.  I decided to set up a new event, duration one hour.  I created this and sent the link directly to a single client.  Now, another client has booked this second event type and I have no idea how.  He insists he used the link sent by the agency (the first link - the agency has NOT been sent the second link).  1.  Has anyone had this happen?  and 2.  How do I stop it happening?

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Mel66117 - great question, and sorry to hear this happened! I can definitely help you avoid it happening again. First - check out our New User Guide. It’s a great resource while you learn the ropes in Calendly!

Now - to your point (what you really want to hear!). 😃

You’ve got a few options. What I assume accidentally took place here is that your main booking link was shared instead of your direct event type link. Read more about the difference here: Share Your Calendly Link

Firstly, you could make your second event “secret” so that even when someone lands on your main booking page, it is not available to be booked. This would mean only people you share the link with could book that event type. Read more here.

Secondly, you could implement a routing form so that invitees are routed to the appropriate event type (even with one being secret). Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

Thirdly, you could consider using One-Off Meeting types for the second event type’s need and deleting that event so that nobody else ever books it again! 

I hope this helps!

Thanks Kelsi, when I started with Calendly I shared the landing page link and not the event link - I hadn’t realised the difference.  I have made the second event secret, to avoid this problem again, as I do need the second event available for my client, and I have no way of recalling the link published by the agency.  As with most people, I am sure, we are not given time to read user guides, just told to get on with it!  Learning on the fly!