Question

Accessing a meeting scheduled by a client

• 26 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

A client has scheduled a meeting on my Calendly and when the time came for me to join that meeting, I couldn't. I was instructed to wait until someone let's me in. And I suppose the client received the same instructions, so the meeting didn't start... How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Vladimir

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @Vladimir60867!

It sounds like whichever meeting tool you’re using (Zoom? Google Meet? Teams?) might have some settings you need to modify.

First - It sounds like you weren’t setup as the host for this meeting. Without knowing which meeting tool you’re using, I can’t say exactly what the problem was but I’d start there. Make sure you’re either generating a meeting where you are the host or a personal room that is yours. Either of those will give you control over the meeting.

Second - Most meeting tools these days have some sort of ‘waiting room’ functionality like you described and I think most of them can be turned off which would have been helpful in this situation. I’d dig into your settings and see if that’s something you can turn off.

Hope this helps a bit!