Skip to main content
Question

Availability not matching

• 20 August 2024
  • 2 replies

The availability that I have put in my calendar is not showing up on the customer page.

Example I have marked my availability for Wednesday but on the sign-up page, Wednesday is greyed out. 

This is happening to me too. Can’t find a way to resolve.

Hi Nikki72788 and Seven08543!

Couple things to check right off the bat that often causes problems.

1. Make sure there aren’t existing conflicts from your linked calendar. Calendly is a product that sits on top of your digital calendar with whatever client you use whether that be Google, Microsoft, etc. Often times people have all day events or have blocked off “heads down time” on their calendars. Calendly has no way to distinguish this type of event from a meeting with a person. It will view all of these as conflicts. This issue can become quite complicated if you have multiple calendars linked together with automations that add events to your linked calendar. 
    • One resolution for this is to use Book-Over meetings. In the event you’ve set-up there is an option to manually search for specific meetings in your linked calendar and tell Calendly to ignore those meetings as conflicts. More about Book Over Meetings
  2. Check to make sure there isn’t a rule conflict in your availability settings. Three factors to look at are your Schedule, Date Specific Hours, and Buffers. If any of these settings are in conflict, it can create situations where you’ve made it impossible for Calendly to schedule time on your calendar. For instance, if you’ve set your buffers to not schedule a meeting within 30 minutes before or after a meeting and on a specific date only given Calendly a window of one hour to schedule a meeting then it won’t see an available time. 
    • Schedule - is your standard working hours or hours that you are normally available for meetings on a week to week basis.
    • Date Specific Hours - is your schedule for specific calendar days that take priority over your normal schedule. This is often used to factor in events that aren’t on your linked calendar. 
    • Buffers - are the amount of time between meetings that Calendly will factor in when showing your availability on your booking page. This is to guard against back to back to back meetings or, in some cases, to factor in travel time if meetings are associated with a physical location. 
    • Daily Limits - You can limit the amount of times a single event can be booked per day. This is also in your availability settings.
    • Start Time Increments - are the interval your live booking page will use to display available meeting start times.
    • More on Availability Rules → Managing Additional Rules For Your Availability

All that said, I would encourage you to reach out to Customer Support if you’ve checked all the above and are still experiencing problems. You might have found a bug! It’s not unheard of and we are sorry you are experiencing issues.