Skip to main content
Question

Emails Sent via a Booked Meeting

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

We use calendly to book our demos for our product and for the most part it works great however the emails that come out of it are very hard to understand. 

I am able to modify the calendar invitation email

But we get another email that is prefixed with New Event: that we can’t seem to control the contents of.

And we also can not get the post meeting email to send

Any good doc on this or tricks?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Matto3436! So sorry the notification emails are looking wonky. 

About email notification customization; since I can’t explain this any better than my co-worker did I’ll refer you to her answer → Email Confirmations

Sorry you can’t get your post meeting email to send. There could be a few different things going on here. If you are using the email follow-up feature, I would start by making sure it is turned on. Go to the Event Type you’ve created and on the left navigation bar is a Communications section. From there hit the three dots under “Email follow-up” and make sure it is turned on. This is also where you can control whether the Reply To address is a do not reply address or your personal email address.

If you are using a custom Workflow, again, I would make sure that is also turned on. That is in the same area. Worth noting that sometimes follow up emails built in Workflows are applied to the wrong event type. From a user perspective it looks like they aren’t functioning at all.

Here is more about Email Follow-Ups →  Automatically send invitee notifications before and after events

And Notifications from your personal email → How to email from your personal account

Hi Matto3436! So sorry the notification emails are looking wonky. 

About email notification customization; since I can’t explain this any better than my co-worker did I’ll refer you to her answer → Email Confirmations

Sorry you can’t get your post meeting email to send. There could be a few different things going on here. If you are using the email follow-up feature, I would start by making sure it is turned on. Go to the Event Type you’ve created and on the left navigation bar is a Communications section. From there hit the three dots under “Email follow-up” and make sure it is turned on. This is also where you can control whether the Reply To address is a do not reply address or your personal email address.

If you are using a custom Workflow, again, I would make sure that is also turned on. That is in the same area. Worth noting that sometimes follow up emails built in Workflows are applied to the wrong event type. From a user perspective it looks like they aren’t functioning at all.

Here is more about Email Follow-Ups →  Automatically send invitee notifications before and after events

And Notifications from your personal email → How to email from your personal account

Thanks for the response, I finally was able to get the response emails to send but the next question is are there any tips in formatting?  The response gets a tremendous amount of spacing added to it which makes it pretty unusable.

Userlevel 3

Email notifications shouldn’t be sending with excessive spacing. It’s a little difficult to diagnose the situation without seeing specifically what is happening. Feel free to attach an image and I can try to troubleshoot. I can say that if you are pressing ‘return’ after each line that will create a new paragraph, an issue we’ve seen in the past. It might, however, be quicker to contact support and let them view your screen remotely. Contact them here → Customer Support

Here is a page all about email notification formatting options  → How to customize emails and texts for Workflows