Skip to main content
Question

Group booking won't recognise me as host

• 4 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, Every time I try to run an event via the Group Event in Calendly it won’t let me start the ZOOM meeting. I have had this problem numerous times and have tried to fix it on the ZOOM end of things. I do have only the free ZOOM account but a paid Calendly account, but that shouldn’t be the problem. The problem is that when I log in it just says “We’re letting the host know you’re waiting”, but I’m the host! It will not let me start the meeting. This is really frustrating and I don’t know how to fix it. Anyone who knows a way out of this? Thanks so much for your help.

Hey there @Vanja73405 - thanks for posting this topic! I am sorry to hear this is happening. Let’s dig into it!

Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

Oftentimes, when we see this issue, it is because the user is unknowingly logged into a different Zoom account on their device (when joining Zoom meetings) than they connected to Calendly! 

To resolve this, can you visit your Integrations page and click Zoom to verify whether the account connected is this the correct Zoom account? If this is the correct account, you will need to be sure you are signed into this Zoom account on your device when opening Calendly-generated Zoom links. Otherwise, Zoom will not recognize you as the meeting host. This article from Zoom may be helpful in verifying that within your Zoom client!

If this is not the correct account: can you visit your Calendly Integrations page in a private/incognito window in your browser, then disconnect and reconnect to the proper Zoom account? As long as this is the same Zoom account that you are signed into in your Zoom client when opening Calendly-generated Zoom links, you should be recognized as the host properly.

I hope this helps!