Solved

How do I change how my scheduled appointments show up in my calendar?

• 1 December 2023
  • 7 replies

How do I change how my scheduled appointments show up in my calendar?

Right now they are showing up as;

[event name] with [invitee name]

or

Cancelled: [event name] with [invitee name]

But Id much rather them show up as;

[Invitee name] [invitee phone number]

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 2 December 2023, 07:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Dylan31850 - great question!

Firstly - the way event types show up in your connected calendar is based on the customizations made to your calendar invitations (title field) and/or email confirmations (subject field). 

For example, if you are using calendar invitations, you will want to click “personalize” > edit the “title” field > use the “invitee (full, first or last) name” variable > use the variable for the answer to whichever invitee question asks for a phone number. In the below example, my event type asks for a phone number as the third invitee question, so I will use the “Invitee Full Name” variable and the “Answer 3” variable: 

You would do the same thing for email confirmations, editing the “subject” field and entering the appropriate variables. Then, click “save and close.” You can book a test event with yourself to see how the booking appears on your calendar from there! 

As you can see, I did this myself in order to test it for you and the event appears on my calendar as “Name/Phone number” as seen below (in this example I booked with the name “Kelsi Calendly” and a fake phone number): 

I hope this helps!

The ability to personalize notifications requires you be on a paid plan. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

Hey @Kelsi at Calendly, thank you for your help! However, im having a tough time finding where I can edit the calendar invites. Where do I see this?

@Kelsi at Calendly So I think I found the settings, I changed them to what you said and this still does not change it. 

Im not trying to alter the way it shows up on my invitees calendar, Im trying to change how it shows up on my connected calendar.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Dylan31850 - thanks for testing this out and coming back!

The changes you make will apply both to your invitee and yourself. In my example I am using calendar invitations, so, both the invitee’s and my own calendar event look like this (I booked a new test event on a calendar I have just for community examples): 

However, it looks like you are using email confirmations. This means that when you edit the subject line you are only editing what will be shown to the invitee in the subject of their email confirmation. Then, rather than a calendar invite that matches for you both, they will add the event to their calendar themselves and Calendly will push your event to your add-to calendar with preset info in the title that cannot be edited. This means that in order for you to see the info you desire in your calendar event’s title you will need to use calendar invitations instead of email confirmations. I hope this makes sense! 

I agree the default setting of “My Name and Client’s Name” is dumb. I know my own name.  A better default is “Client’s Name - 30 min Zoom”.

Userlevel 7

I agree the default setting of “My Name and Client’s Name” is dumb. I know my own name.  A better default is “Client’s Name - 30 min Zoom”.

Thank you for your feedback! We are making note of it. In the meantime please consider the calendar invitations workaround posted above.=)