Solved

How to schedule multiple 1:1 meetings for several customers

How to schedule “first come - first served” meetings if I have several available time slots in calendar and I want to book 1:1 meetings with several persons. 

For example - I need to book 1:1 meetings with three students and I have seven free time slots in my calendar. Is it possible to send one link to all students and they make reservations on “first come - first serve” principle? 

icon

Best answer by jillian 3 May 2024, 23:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Anita!

We can totally do that. In fact, it’s kind of the core functionality of Calendly. 😀

You’ll want to setup a one-on-one event (more on the event type here) which will generate a link that can be shared with your students. Students will be able to see your availability, grab the time they want, event is created on both your calendars, and off you go!

If you haven’t already, you might want to explore this article which talks about creating a new event.

Let us know if you need more help!

That is exactly what I did but after first student reserved the time, the options become unavailable and others get the message “The invitation is no longer valid”. 

Also the reserved times in my calendar are gone.

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Anita - thanks for this additional info!

It sounds like you accidentally set up and sent out invites to a One-Off Meeting instead of a one-on-one event type! This would lead to the issues you described.

The key differences here are below!

One-Off Meeting:

• intended for use with a single invitee
  • single-use link expires after one invitee books
  • ability to prioritize over other bookings
  • ability to set reserve times that clear once booked
  • ability to offer times outside your regular availability

One-on-one:

• event type that can be booked as many times as you’d like
  • link that can be shared and booked with limitless invitees 
  • normal availability will apply (either event-specific or Availability Schedules)

So! You are going to need to make sure you create a one-on-one event type, not a one-off meeting. See the short video I created for you, below, and follow those steps! Then, Share Your Calendly Link for this event type with your students and they’ll all be able to book. I hope this helps!

p.s. check out our New User Guide - it’s full of tips and tricks to help you learn the ropes!