Skip to main content

Hi,

I have recently started a new business in a new name and with a new domain, and therefore with a new email. I bought the plan through my old user and old email back in January 2023, and I was therefor wandering if it is possible to move the billing plan over to the new email/user? To not waste the last 2 months.

And if so, how one might go about doing this.

Thanks in advance!

Hello! The easiest thing to do here would be to delete your new account (to free up your new email and domain) and then update the login email address and Calendly URL (booking link) on your current paid account.

I am including articles that outline the steps for all of this, below, as well as more concisely written steps.

Step 1: delete new account (that has your new business email/domain)

1. In Calendly, select Account, then select Account Settings.
  2. From the Profile page, scroll down and select Delete Account.
  3. You will have three options to choose from in order to delete your account:
    • Transfer ownership and delete my account: Before you can delete your account, you must transfer ownership to another team member so they can manage the organization. All users are selectable for ownership.
    • Keep my account and leave organization: If you don’t want to delete your account, you can transfer ownership and leave the organization.
    • Delete my account and disband the organization: If you don’t want to transfer ownership, you can delete your account and disband the organization.
  4. If you selected to transfer ownership or leave the organization, choose a user to become the new owner.
  5. Choose a reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu.
  6. Select Delete.

Step 2: update login email address on current paid account

If you'd like to change your email, but keep your current login method (for example, continuing to log in using Google or a Calendly username), follow the steps below. 

1. At the upper right side of any Calendly page, navigate to your Account settings page.
  2. Select Login preferences on the left.
  3. Select Change email or change login, depending on your current login method:
    Calendly Account Settings Login Email.png
  4. Select Save.
  5. Check the new email address for a confirmation email, and select the link in the email to confirm the change.

Note: If you use SAML SSO and want to change your email, please reach out to your IT admin so they can change your email within your identity provider.

Managing your Single Sign-On (SSO) preferences has never been easier! With our new self-service SSO feature, you can now switch your login method without having to contact support. Whether you'd like to change from Google to Microsoft or log in with a Calendly-specific password, follow these simple steps:

1. Navigate to your Account Settings page.
  2. On the right panel, select Login.
  3. Depending on your desired change, follow one of these options:
    1. To move forward with a Calendly-specific password, select Unlink.
    2. To switch from one SSO provider to another (e.g., Google to Microsoft of vis versa), select Switch to Google/Microsoft.
      ssochangess.gif
  4. A confirmation prompt will appear. Select Continue to confirm your changes.
  5. If you're switching from one SSO provider to another, you'll need to select the account you'd like to use moving forward and enter its credentials to confirm the change.

And that's it! You've successfully updated your login method using our self-service SSO feature. Enjoy a seamless and secure login experience with Calendly.

After you've changed your login details

Changing your login details won't impact the calendars you already have connected to Calendly. If you need to change your calendar, visit your Calendar Connections page to make changes.

Step 3: update your Calendly URL (booking link) to reflect your new domain (if you’d like)

The below topic includes a video tutorial on how to do this: 

You can change the link (URL) to your main scheduling page and the link to event-specific scheduling pages.

Note: When you change the link within your account settings page, previously-shared links for all events will no longer work.

1. At the upper right side of any Calendly page, select the drop down menu from your profile picture, then choose My Link.
  2. Click My Link on the left.
  3. Change your link.
  4. Click Save Changes.

Help center articles to refer to:

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3

You can also update your branding on your paid account to reflect your new business.

If this solution is not viable for you, please let us know!