Skip to main content
Question

Payment options - Afterpay and coupons

• 17 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi I’m looking after our team’s calendly which is used to book coaching sessions

1. I was wondering since it uses stripe is it possible to accept afterpay since we’re approved for it and use it on the other products on our site. 
  2. Can you set up coupons to discount with? 
  3. Is it only stripe or paypal, can you have both options at once running? 

Hi @The Digital Picnic,

These are great questions!

1. I was wondering since it uses stripe is it possible to accept afterpay since we’re approved for it and use it on the other products on our site. 

At this time, our integration with Stipe does not support the use of afterpay. The integration can accept payments for the full amount in the following currencies:

• $ AUD - Australian Dollar
  • $ CAD - Canadian Dollar
  • € EUR - Euro
  • £ GBP - Pound Sterling
  • $ USD - United States Dollar

I definitely understand your want for this feature though, and I have looped this over to our product team. Hopefully that’s a feature we’ll be able to offer in the future!

1. Can you set up coupons to discount with? 

While we do not currently offer a coupon or discount code option with our payment integrations, I have a workaround that you can use to accomplish your goal. 

If working with a one-on-one event, you can clone your event type, then require different payment amounts for each. Just visit your Event Types page and select "Clone" from the gear menu of the event you'd like to copy.

For example, you can require $50 for the event type that is public, and only $40 (or even no payment collection at all) for a secret event. Share the secret event link directly with any invitee who should receive the discounted price, as this event will not appear on your landing page for others to choose from!

1. Is it only stripe or paypal, can you have both options at once running? 

While each event type can only accept one type of payment (Stripe or PayPal) at this time, some users clone their event type to create Stripe and PayPal "versions" of their event type, then direct their invitees to their landing page to choose the option (event type) they would prefer! The result would look something like this:

Alternatively, you might consider enabling PayPal's Guest Checkout feature, which would allow invitees to pay via PayPal using a credit/debit card as well!

I hope this helps! Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you Sam.  

We currently use the work around but it would be nice to have a coupon offer as our sales team like to use it as an incentive. 

Do you know if paypal pay in 4 works with the paypal option? 

Hi @The Digital Picnic,

Another great question! Similar to our integration with Stripe, our PayPal integration does not support the collection of partial payments (using PayPal pay in 4). The integration can accept payments for the full amount in the following currencies:

• $ AUD - Australian Dollar

• $ CAD - Canadian Dollar

• € EUR - Euro

• £ GBP - Pound Sterling

• $ USD - United States Dollar

If you would like to offer your invitees the option to pay in installments, you can create an event type set to collect the first installment, and then separately send a direct PayPal or Stripe link for the remaining amount, offering the option to pay via afterpay or PayPal pay in 4. 

While I know this may not be the answer you were hoping for, I hope it helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out!

Thanks Sam!

Actually @Sam S while we’re working on ways around. With one of my 1:1 products I use our woocommerce store to take payment which has all our payment options. Then the email get sent automatically after payment with the calendar link. The only reason why I don’t do the same with these other ones is that it’s nice for them to see the availability upfront. So, is there a way to show the calendar/availability without being able to book on it? So I show the options then add our button to pay and they can book once payment is made? 

Does any of that make sense? 

@The Digital Picnic I totally get what you’re saying-- at this time though, a live booking page is not able to be configured to show your availability and not permit bookings at the displayed available times. I definitely see the value there though and have looped it over to our product team as well. In the meantime though, I’m glad to hear that you have a workaround in place to offer your alternative payment options. Sorry I don’t have better news!