Skip to main content

Hi, is it possible to customize the “Send text messages to” field into the invitee questions?
If i add a workflow to send sms messages to invitee the system add this field but is not clear for users..and they may not enter this field for fear of receiving unwanted text messages…
In Italian this field is translate in a way that is not clear for people why they have to insert the phone for text messages..

it would be much easier to just change it to "enter phone number" or "telephone"…
is it possible?

thanks

Hello!

Thank you so much for reaching out! Currently, we do not have the option to change the “Send text messages to” field for invitee questions. This is definitely something we can request to explore for the future, but in the meantime, I would suggest utilizing your event description to let your invitees know why you are asking for their phone number! Something like “If you’d like to receive meeting reminders and details via text, please enter your phone number” - this way, your invitees know why you are requesting that number. I’ve added a help article here showing how you can edit your event description!

Additionally, I wanted to also ensure that you were utilizing Calendly’s native language translator where applicable (as opposed to the translator extension available in your browser.) While there will always be nuances, the native translator should be a smoother experience! I’ve added an article here showing how you can make those changes if need be. 

I hope this helps! 

Thanks, but I won't be using this feature at the moment because Calendly's native translation isn't good and people don't really understand what "send text messages to" means.
Putting it in the description is too long.
Another thing, you should be able to insert this field immediately after the name and email, and obviously by changing the text to "Enter your telephone number" without going into explaining why (it would be much simpler to use the " phone" already present on Calendly... I don't understand why you created one just for messages....)
I hope you will add this possibility soon, for the moment I can't use it.
Thank you
Alice

Alice, I have the same issue/request…

I wish the request for the phone number was linked directly to this SMS workflow, instead of asking it twice.

Plus I wish it could be mandatory with the * (star) next to it…

Waiting for some update, hoping we’ll have that option in the close future !

Tania