Skip to main content
Question

Updating an Event

• 9 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Will changes made directly in my calendar automatically update the corresponding event within Calendly?

Hey there! Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected personal calendar. It checks for events marked “Busy” and interprets them as conflicts, preventing invitees from scheduling new events at those times. When an invitee schedules with you, the event is automatically published to your personal calendar and appears on your Calendly Home page under Meetings. Both you and your invitee receive confirmation by email as well, helping to streamline scheduling for appointments, meetings, and more!

With Calendly, all events are tied to the “check for conflicts” and “add to” calendars you set up on your Calendar Connection page. This means that any updates you make to that calendar (assuming you meant your external calendar, here, such as Google) will apply to all event types in Calendly. So, if you have Google Calendar connected and set up an event on Monday from 1-3pm and it’s marked “busy” that will block off all Calendly event types from 1-3pm on Monday! You can read more about calendar connections in our Help Center - here’s an article that might be a good start! 

Now, if by “calendar” you were actually referring to your Availability Schedules within Calendly - you can make updates to the availability for each event type within that event’s settings. If this is what you were referring to and you run into issues - let us know! I’m sure the comments will get you going! 

Hi @KelsiEllie  I noticed that if I update the location of an event inside Calendly, it does not update on the Google Calendar event for someone already registered.

The result of this problem was that customers had booked an event at A, we changed the location to B, and they went to the wrong/former location A, because their Calendar events were not updated (despite us updating both the Calendly event and the linked Google Calendar event) to B. 

Do you know it is possible to sync the update of locations across Calendly and Calendar events?

I spoke to Calendly, and they currently have an internal ticket working on this issue. Unfortunately at this point there is no solution to fix this.

Hi @KelsiEllie  I noticed that if I update the location of an event inside Calendly, it does not update on the Google Calendar event for someone already registered.

The result of this problem was that customers had booked an event at A, we changed the location to B, and they went to the wrong/former location A, because their Calendar events were not updated (despite us updating both the Calendly event and the linked Google Calendar event) to B. 

Do you know it is possible to sync the update of locations across Calendly and Calendar events?

Unfortunately, changes made to event settings will only apply to new bookings. Once an event is on your calendar, Calendly cannot access or change it, so once an invitee books with you those settings are locked into place. You’d need to cancel and rebook the previously scheduled invitees in order to push the event/s again and provide a new location (or other new details). We do get feedback about this a lot and it doesn’t go unheard!