Contacts - Exciting New Feature Alert!

Related products: Calendly (Product)
Contacts - Exciting New Feature Alert!

👋🏻 Hey there, Calendly Community!

Nothing excites me more than getting to tell you all about new features that will make your scheduling experience within Calendly easier, faster and more efficient - and that’s exactly what I am writing today, to do! What’s the new feature? Well, something that will make your meeting-life objectively better, of course! 

➡️ Enter > Contacts! 

❓Who can use this feature? 

Users on all Calendly plans - free or paid - can utilize this feature. Woo hoo! 

What is the Contacts feature,  you ask? I am so happy to explain! 

Contacts make it easy to see who you're meeting with, review notes and scheduling history, and book follow-up engagements directly from Calendly. With contacts functionality, you have the capability to:

• Create a contact
  • Edit a contact
  • Schedule a contact
  • Share availability via email from within Calendly (paid feature)
  • Review contact specific scheduled events
  • Favorite a contact

Head over to our Help Center to read more in-depth about each step of the process, here. 

💭Note: the Contacts feature is currently available in Calendly’s web application. We heard your feedback regarding wanting to see Contacts in our iOS and Android mobile apps, and the developer team on this feature is excitedly working on that release now! This article will be updated to reflect the feature’s mobile app availability when that day comes. 

Now that we’ve outlined what the feature is, how does it work? When should you use it? Why would you want to? I’m so glad you asked. 😉 Let’s go over an example!

💡Use Case Example

You are a busy recruiter that has been working to find a specific candidate the perfect job with their dream company, but things just haven’t quite fallen into place yet - bummer! However, you have finally, through all of your diligent searching, found a job for this candidate that is absolutely the right fit.  You’ve met with the candidate several times already - and you have them favorited in your Calendly Contacts for that reason! 

All you have to do now is select the candidate in your list of contacts, opt to share your availability with them, and then send an email out prompting them to book a meeting with you. What’s even better? You can customize that email right from within the Contacts functionality - telling them exactly what you want to meet about so that they can prepare and get excited, too!

See below for an outline of the “email” process that this feature offers!

To share availability (and edit the email that is sent): 

1. Navigate to your Contacts tab.
    Contacts Tab.png

2. Select Share availability next to the contact you are looking to reach out to.
    Contacts Share Availability Button.png

3. Select the event you want your invitee to schedule with you.
    Contacts Select an Event Type to share.png
  4. Select Next.
    Contacts next button.png

5. For users who have integrated Gmail for workflows or Outlook for workflows:
    1. Choose which email address you would like to be used to send an email.

6. (Optional) Edit your email content.

7. (Optional) Select the checkbox next to Include cancellation policy to include your event cancellation policy.
    Contacts include cancellation policy checkbox.png

8. Select Send Email.
    Contacts send email button.png

Phew - isn’t that awesome? 👏 I think so, too!

💥Update to the Contacts Feature: restore a deleted contact! 

1. Navigate to your Contacts tab within Calendly
  2. Within the contact search bar, type in the name of the previously deleted contact
  3. Select the

Three Edit Dots Image.png

to the right of that contact
  4. Select Restore to add that contact back to your contacts list

Restoring a deleted Contact.gif

💭Note: this article was amended Tue Apr 23 @ 4:55pm EST to add new info - “restore a deleted contact” 

Now that you have a basic understanding of Contacts, you should be able to head to your Calendly account and get started! Implement the feature in whichever way works best for you - and tell us about how it goes!  

Happy Scheduling, Calendly Community! 

Fantastic new feature! I schedule a lot of meetings with consumers and they have a tendency to not show up. Thanks to this feature I can try and reschedule them more easily and faster! 

Fantastic new feature! I schedule a lot of meetings with consumers and they have a tendency to not show up. Thanks to this feature I can try and reschedule them more easily and faster! 

LOVE to hear it! I hope that you find it does help with that need. Let us know for sure! 

Hey Bart - it’s been a month! We’d love to hear how the Contacts feature is treating you and any feedback you might have.

What’s the word, bird? 🐦

This is truly amazing!! I was literally thinking today, I wonder how I can access all of my contacts from Calendly? And this feature is now available!!! Is there a way to export yet?

Hey there @EfficiencyonTap - thanks for your excitement and comment! We looove to see Calendly customers engaging here and even more so when it’s HAPPILY! 🤗

At this time there is not an export tool included in the Contacts feature. That said - I’ll note that you asked about it! What exactly would an export tool look like, if you had it your way? Thorough feedback welcomed and appreciated! 

I do have to amend this article to include new information about how to restore a deleted contact, though (which I am just now about to do!), so improvements are already happening. 

There will also soon be an ability to use this feature from within both our iOS and Android mobile apps. That’s being worked on as we speak. Exciting! 

I know this isn’t the info you’d hoped for - but hope the clarity helped, and that you are still excited. Have a great night! 

I am so happy with this feature! This made me switch from MS Bookings to Calendly 😄
As I create the contacts myself, I do have some requests: 

• will it possible to set defaults for contact timezone and phone country prefix? 
  • an import from csv would be splendid

I am so happy with this feature! This made me switch from MS Bookings to Calendly 😄
As I create the contacts myself, I do have some requests: 

• will it possible to set defaults for contact timezone and phone country prefix? 
  • an import from csv would be splendid

Great feedback/questions! Thank you! Will make sure this is also looped around to our product team for future consideration. So glad you are loving the feature - and welcome!