Skip to main content
Question

Integration of Calendly on a Marketplace

• 22 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone! Would truly appreciate help with this and pointers of solutions. Perhaps someone has done something similar. 

Objective: 
I am building a directory of coaches (a website).

• Each coach has a profile page. On the profile page show a calendar of the respective coach with time slots a user can choose from.
  • Each coach needs to connect their own Calendar (Celendly) to their profile page to show their up-to-date availability. 
  • On the coach profile page on the calendar widget a client can select a date and available time slot. Then pay for the coaching (Is payment processing something that can be integrated through Calendly?). Each coach has a custom price.  
  • Coach and Client to receive notifications about upcoming appointment or cancellations
  • Ability to start a video call (Zoom or similar)

Would love to know if that is something that can be solved with Calendly and what would be the steps. 

Truly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hey there, @Alex24041 - great questions! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform! You’ll also want to check out the Company Admin Guide.

Allow me to address your questions in order! 

• You will need each coach to have their own Calendly user account under your Calendly organization - this will require you to be on our Standard or Teams plans. I suggest the Teams plan for your use case. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!
  • Each coach will then want to set up their own Calendar Connections within Calendly (Google, O365/Outlook.com/iCloud).
  • Each coach will need to keep their own up-to-date Availability Schedules.
  • Each coach will then need to embed their booking page on their profile within your website/marketplace. Check out this handy overview of our embed options! You can also take a look at this website for examples of each one. One of the embed options is a widget!
  • We have integrations with both Stripe and PayPal. You can connect your Stripe or PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you. If you don't use these services, you could add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link! Each coach will need to individually integrate with Paypal or Stripe and set their custom pricing for their event types that they then embed on their profiles on your website.
  • The host (coach) and invitee (client) will automatically receiving booking confirmations and cancellation confirmations. There’s also an option to use Workflows to set up reminders, followups and more!
  • Zoom is one of many location options for an event type and requires an integration for each individual Calendly user (host) planning to use it. Read more here! There will not be an ability to start random Zoom calls outside of booking a Calendly meeting using Calendly, so you’d need to look into another option if that’s a goal. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you Kelsi for the detailed answers! A few follow up questions. 

1. Plan: Let’s say there are 100 coaches on the platform and they all have their own Calendly account. If I need to have a Team plan to have the coaches’ Calendly accounts under, does it mean I need to pay for each coach $16/mon is x 100 coaches (100 seats) or do I pay just for 1 seat on the Team plan for me? 
  1. Integration: Will I be able to integrate the coaches’ Calendly into the website myself? Coaches don’t have the ability to do it themselves currently. 
  2. Collect Payments: Is it possible to collect payments as a platform from all bookings from all coach profiles and then forward the payments (minus commission) to each coach? Or perhaps you may have more elegant solutions? 
    1. Context: Coaches set their own prices, time slots, and options (e.g. coaching packages) 
  3. Booking: How to achieve this: When a client submits an appointment inquiry on a coach profile the contact information of the client (Last name, email, phone) are send to the platform (not to the coach. The coach only receives the time/date, first name, and perhaps notes), then the platform forwards the client contact to the respective coach? 
  4. Notifications: Is it possible to also receive notifications as a platform for booked/canceled appointments of each coach? 
  5. Zoom: I didn’t understand what you meant with “There will not be an ability to start random Zoom calls outside of booking a Calendly meeting using Calendly, so you’d need to look into another option if that’s a goal.” What do you mean with random Zoom call outside of Calendly meeting? Could you provide example what’s possible and what’s not? 

Could you provide website / applications that use Calendly to solve similar use cases? Would love to see how others are solving this. 

Thank you!

Hey there @Alex24041 - great followup questions! I’ll address them in order, again, for ease and understanding! 

1. Yes. Each individual coach will need their own Calendly account and this means purchasing a license for each account in your organization. With a team this size, I highly suggest taking a look at our Enterprise plan. Our Enterprise plan requires a minimum of 30 paid seats (individual users) with a starting price of $25/month/seat. You can learn more about Enterprise features and functionality here.
  2. Yes! You can “integrate” (embed) each booking page for your coaches (hosts). You will have access to each of their event types and profiles via your owner/admin account. You will simply follow the same embed steps for each. Check out this handy overview of our embed options! You can also take a look at this website for examples of each one.
  3. Yes. When users (hosts, coaches) in a Calendly organization set up payment collection, those payments are automatically collected by the owner/admin’s payment integration on file. So, if they select Paypal on an event type and set the price to $100, that payment will be sent to your own integrated Paypal account. Read more here
  4. Unfortunately, there is no way to omit information submitted on a booking from the host the booking is made with. When a Calendly booking is made, that information is all given directly to the host of the event type. For example, you cannot have a booking made and then assigned to a random host. You must have Host A assigned to Event Type A, and when a booking for Event Type A is made all of that info is included in the confirmation for Host A. I’m sorry! 
  5. No. All booking notifications at this time are sent to the host and invitee for any given booking. You can set up a forwarding filter for each host’s email so that they are all sent to you the owner, however. You can also read more about work arounds here. You can also consider integrations with platforms like Zapier in order to set up (outside of Calendly) some sort of system where you are notified of all bookings etc.
  6. I wasn’t sure what you were asking in regards to Zoom calls. Sorry for that confusion! You said in your original post, “Ability to start a video call (Zoom or similar)” and I was not certain you meant as part of a meeting, or, a simple ability to click and initiate a Zoom call in real time from your website. The latter is not possible (via Calendly), the former is. All event types have a location and that location can be Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet etc. and as such, a meeting link for the chosen video conferencing platform is automatically included in the booking confirmation. Read more here

Unfortunately I am unable to provide a list of other businesses utilizing Calendly for you. However, if you keep an eye out, we do hope to soon start featuring clients and their use cases in community content! For now, you might get a lot out of the Calendly Blog! I hope this helps!

Lastly: I suggest checking out the below article, where you will find linked all 12 articles written for the 12 Days of Calendly. Very helpful info all throughout! 

Thank you Kelsi for your detailed response!