Skip to main content
Question

Stripe Integration Not Allowing Dynamic Price via URL Variable Passdown

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to pass variables collected in a JotForm submission to my Calendly event like this:

https://calendly.com/user/30min?name={name37:first}%20{name37:last}&email={email38}&invitee_payment_amount={total}&invitee_payment_currency=USD&guests={email47},{email49},{email51},{email53},{email55}

Everything is working fine except that the `invitee_payment_amount` is not updating the price charged on the booking page. I can see the dollar amount being passed in the URL, but it is being overridden by the default amount I have to select when setting up payments for the Event because the minimum price must be at least $0.50. 

Is there a way to ensure that the price gets passed down to the event so that I am collecting the correct amount?

Hi @Denis35404,

That's a great question! At this time, our integrations with Stripe and PayPal do not allow for variable pricing. This said, users on our Teams plan and the legacy Professional plan have access to Calendly Routing forms, which allow you to automatically direct your clients to different event types based on their form responses.

To do this, you’ll want to configure different event types that charge the appropriate amount according to the service provided. You can then build out a Calendly routing form with questions that will help determine your client’s needs. From there, you can set your routing logic to automatically direct clients to the appropriate event type for their needs (with the correct price for that service configured). 

For more info on Routing forms, feel free to take a look at these other Community articles:

Maximizing Automation with Routing Forms

Routing for Teams

Calendly Routing for Individual Users

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out and we would be happy to help!

Ok, that doesn’t really help with my use case.

Is it possible to use the Calendly API to create an event with a payment amount?

What does this invitee_payment_amount variable do if it won’t allow me to pass in a dynamic price?

Hi @Denis35404,

I just checked in with my peers over on the developer side of things (which PS - we’ve got a section of this community dedicated to developers) and here’s what they told me...

It’s not currently possible to create an update an event via the API. Your best bet would still be to create the events that take different payment amounts in-app as Sam suggested above.

As for the variable you mentioned, we don’t support this on the booking page. If you’re talking about the parameters listed here, these are the values Calendly passes when you redirect to a custom URL after booking in Calendly and choosing to pass the details as shown here.

Given all that, it still sounds like Sam’s suggestion of a routing form is your best bet for now.